Friday, July 14, 2006

Profiterole Eclairs



These cute little things made me so happy today. Being able to make them gave me the affirmation that my passion for baking can take me quite far! Guess i was half lucky that the choux pastry turned out almost perfect on first try.
I filled some of them with banana cream and the rest with chocolate.
Obviously, my chocolate coating skill still has room for improvement!
It never fails to make me smile when i dream abt opening a bakery after i retire :)


|Good Places to Go|
Mustafa / little India is a good place to go when it's quite late but u still want to stay out for a few more hours. Being a supermarket person, their supermarket itself can kill a lot of time. There's nothing to worry when you're not interested in foodstuff, cos Mustafa is so huge and it sells everything that you're bound to find sth that interests u. Good Prices too :) After Mustafa, you can always go for supper ard the area. I like the naan at this roadside stall which offers a wide selection of curry for you to dip them into too!
Gelare is a place i should go on Tuesday. I want to try their waffle!! Their marble cheesecake is not bad. Try it if you're a fan of both chocolate and cheese :) You'll love it.
Cedele is a bread-lover's heaven! I used to freqent this place only for their cranberry scones cos i find that their soup + free flow of bread is only a fun and satisfying thing to do when you have the company of a soup/bread lover. When you're alone, it's hard to try all the bread they have to offer, cos bread itself is rather filling. Try their new almond and strawberry scone. It's not bad.
[Obiously, i'm quite a fan of scones ;)]