Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Wilson greenbeans & Butterflies


My wilson greenbeans. Why wilson greenbeans? Cos these kept me going through the weekend while i studied for my CAs! Very much like how the wilson volleyball kept Tom Hanks alive in the movie Cast Away. I was truly amazed by the speed of their growth. Each time i stopped to take a break, there's bound to be changes :)
I also grew soybeans! 2 of them. One's on the right and one at the back without the leaves. Did u realise tt we were only given greenbeans to grow in kindergarten or primary sch? i didnt know how a soy bean sprout looks like, so i grew 2 to find out.
Interestingly, their seedleaves are really big. Now measuring 1.9 cm :)

I only found out recently that Wenhui is quite an expert with dogs and he knows the breeds of dogs very well! Talking abt dog breeds tt day reminded me of how i used to look through my butterfly book to try to single out my favourite butterfly family / species and remember their names. Come to think of it, it was really quite like microB. Now that i cant rmbr them, i prob wont rmbr my microB 10 years down the road.. Quite a bad sign isnt it?

Anyway, i used to like this butterfly commonly known as blue morpho. Elegant and unique i thought. But now i just like butterflies in general. Too many are equally pretty :)