Friday, May 08, 2009

Mini Project

Beauty awaits

I chance upon a few chrysalis on Monday and decided to bring one home.

Here's the set up, where the chrysalis hung silently for a few days.
Photobucket

I was hoping to capture the process when the butterfly emerge from the chrysalis, but it was already out when i woke up! How unfortunate!

(Photos by my good old Fujifilm compact)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I plan to bring this pretty little thing back to where i found it so it can find its friends and mate :)

While it's at home, it seems to be eating well! Check out the uncoiled proboscis.
Pardon the photo quality cos they were taken thru glass.)

Butterfly

Butterfly

Butterfly

Hello World

I shall end with my favourite photo. The butterfly looks like it is trying to understand its own reflection. This was taken by wx with his macro attachment on my camera and lens :)

Reflection

I love this project 'cos its like reliving my childhood fun of keeping bugs found in my grandma's garden.

And of cos, i was amazed by metamorphosis once again.