Saturday, October 31, 2009

Baking Philopsophy & Analogy

It's interesting that i am currently qt overwhelmed by all the things i am feeling abt my long lost hobby aft making tiramisu today.

1. Practice makes perfect
I used to be able to bake things qt efficiently in one smooth motion. No extra bowls used, no extra bowls to wash and the kitchen remains spick and span. I had a chat with a fellow baking fren and she told me that baking is like doing physical examination. The more u do it, the smoother and sleeker u become. It is true. Today when i made tiramisu, i forgot this i forgot that and i couldnt find most of my things.

2. Bake and be Happy, Happy that you baked
My fellow baking fren and i both bake when we're both happy and frustrated. Sometimes baking does make me feel better but as a general rule, i personally believe that good bakes comes from a happy baker and i try not to bake when i do not genuinely want to bake. I am least confident of the things i baked when i am frustrated. It becomes a vicious cycle... foul mood, foul bake which feeds the positive feedback loop to foul mood.

3. The perfect kitchen, equipment and organisation
I dream of having the perfect kitchen when every corner and inch of space is carefully considered and put into good use. I want every space to have its own purpose so that only things that belong to that space will be there. In this way i maximise space and i can find the equipment i need. I hate it when pple borrow my baking things and not return it to the same space. I hate it when i need to scramble at the last min like when whisked egg whites cannot wait and i cant find the stupid spatula.

Perhaps my interest in baking is dying. I should be glad that i made something today though. If i hadnt, the next time i bake would be even an even longer no-bake stretch in btwn than it was for me today.

What happened to my dream of combining baking and photography? Why am i not exhilirated that i did so today?