Thursday, December 17, 2009

Small things that peeve me

I think i have posted about expectations several times before and how i get really peeved when things dont turn out the way i expect.

Here and here are just 2 of them.

Today i bought a screen protector that cost me $12. I never paid more than $5 for one and i usually have to put it on myself. The best of cos is the screen protector came with my electronic device free and the friendly shopowner expertly stuck it on for me.

I was so surprised today when the salesperson at the shop returned me my phone with this super apparent big bubble with a speck of dust in the centre. I'm not saying tt being able to pay $12 is damn big but i really wasnt expecting to see that bubble.

I may or may not be able to do a better job. I've actually stuck on the screen protector for most of my devices and i perfectly understand that it can be tricky. The thing is my expectations are lower. Even if it is imperfect, it was done by amateur me.

Actually when i reflected abt what happened today, i think i was partly upset tt getting the screen protector was a hasty decision.
1. I was happy without one
2. I actually wanted to get a matt-finished screen protector
3. I was lazy to hunt for another shop
4. I was lazy to stick it on myself

At the end of the day, things that upset me the most are things tt stems from my inadequacy or laziness.

On one hand it is damn useful and safe to not have any expectations but i wish to attain the 境界 of have expectations and yet not let the unmatching outcome affect me.

I will eventually get used to my screen. If not at most i peel it off lor :) haha