Friday, April 15, 2005

there for me

||sth classical again :)|| Sarah brightman's voice is so powerful...Heard this song and thought it sounded nice. I couldnt understand some parts of it at first, but the translation made me like it even more. I've always thought original text will always be more beautiful. Wish i knew someone who knows italian! :)

Se non sei con me, mi sembra grigia la città
Camminando solo i piccoli vedo giocar
Volti e voci del passato che non ricordavo più
Mi chiedono
When you're feeling cold and all the city streets are grey
Walking all along and watching how the children play
Voices in the wind and faces from the past go dancing by
They're asking why.
[reminds me so much of the evenings spent strolling along the streets in uk (:]

Dimmi quanto tempo ancora resterai con me
Dimmi quante cose mi nascondi dentro te
Molti sogni abbiamo che alfin potremmo vivere
Can you really want me more for than a little while?
What are the stories hiding there behind your smile?
Wishes in a dream and figures in a world that I could share
[the part abt stories behind each smile? is usually one of my first few thoughts when i meet someone for the first time]

I like the above translated lines.

No comments: