Thursday, June 02, 2005

echt

Those of you with powerful vocab will know the word echt. :) echt by the way, is a german word. It's really upsetting how my new-found passion interest in german didnt last long. It was very much an inital euphoria. I was excited, but i'm just so distracted now. Work's one thing, but the other's the 4 books waiting to be read on my desk :)
Anyway, on echt. I was just thinking today how important it is for things to be real. Real to be believed, real to be felt, real to be appreciated and definitely real to create an impact. It's applicable to so many things if you think about it. It could refer to feelings like happiness or pain, it could refer to an experience, it could also refer to any form of art. Perhaps my love for photography can be explained by my appreciation for authenticity. Photographs can capture the genuine moment of things. I absolutely love the following photo for example. Is the baby about to smile? Hmm.. perhaps only the photographer knows.
I'm always thanking people i realise :) but nothing is gonna stop me from doing so again :) A BIG thank you to those who never fail to make me feel this indescribable elation in this purest form. It's trully heartfelt. You know who u are and I love you all :)
[-lol- i know some of u are going to think that one of those "they"s refer to some of my fave food. what to do? pple call me a "food person" for a reason -grin-]

No comments: