Sunday, June 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Weizhen

The sunset cake turned out to be a bit sour! I wasn't satisfied with the orange chiffon cake. Maybe i should replace it with sponge cake?

The first attempt at the cake tasted better and i thought it could be due to the difference in oranges i used. Next time i'd stick to African Navel oranges :)

Nevertheless, I should give myself a pat on my back for finally breaking away from chocolate cakes! I must say that i'm quite adventurous to modify a recipe!

Y'know, it was awful having to wait so long in fear and anticipation to try the cake. That's the problem when it comes to baking cake for others. All bakers will know! Especially when it comes to baking round cakes.. The baker will never know if he has failed or succeeded in reproducing a gd recipe :)

Many thanks to the birthday girl for giving me the opportunity and experience :) Hope she'll have a blessed year ahead! :)