Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Home Sweet* Home

I'm so back dated with my entries that i do not know where to start!
Actually, it's not tt i didnt attempt to post anything but i fell asleep on 2 occasions before i published the entries. I really couldnt help it cos moving back home from hall was really tiring and moving my new shelves from ikea home took a toll on my back! Oh anyway... my 2 half-written post are non-cut-and-paste-able, so i shall rewind and go in a chronological order from the day 4 Jap students visited after my OSCE test.

Interestingly, the longer i procrastinate, the more i have to type eventually and the more likely it is for me to fall asleep halfway! haha :) so i shall keep my fingers crossed that i wont fall asleep again this time!

Wed, 30th May - Thurs, 31st May
Hosting Jap students was indeed quite an experience, but in retrospect, i prob would have enjoyed it more if
(1) i knew more jap or they knew more eng (ie if we could communicate better)
(2) it wasnt right after OSCE when i had plenty of other things i wanted to do
(3) My Jap-speaking friends were available!
(4) The weather was cooler for them

On the whole, i found the whole experience interesting cos i find the jap students really cute especially how they marvel at every slightest thing! When it comes to food, they'd say OISHIIIIIII with conviction + eyes wide opened, you get the picture :)

I was so fortunate tt my aunt who is really funky came along or i wouldnt know how to bring them to club as 2 of them requested.
Friends, i finally went to a club in Singapore! Even my aunt joked that my friends will be so shocked if i bump into the in the club. LOL
Some pictures of St James Power House :)


Most of my guy friends asked me if the Jap girls are cute. I'll post them when they send me the photos and u can decide for urself ;) I came from school and my camera was at home! Hopefully i'll get the photos in the mailbox soon :)

Fri, 1st June
My official last day at KE. I took a last look ard KE and from my room.

You can see my room in the left bottom pic. My room is the one below the aircon unit.
There's this BIG tree in front of my room that i look at everyday. It produces nice fragances at night! Amazing right :) Reminds me of my grandma's 七里香 :)

Moving home is really damn tiring! Thankgoodness Kendrick was around or my back would have broken from all the weight lifting. Come of think of it i was risking a bilateral hernia too! haha... Just look at how tired he is...


Oh before that, CG 25 had lunch at raffles city and we KTV-ed!
Though most people go soup spoon for their soup, i was so glad tt i tried their wrap that day. I knew i would like it cos i liked the jewish humus i tried in Prague:)


Sat, 2nd June
Weiqing's bday! It was held at the loof at odeon towers. Quite a pretty place if not for the construction going on beside the building which was quite an eyesore. The place was too dark and my dear treo doesnt have nightmode, so i didnt take photos! But i hope qing likes the swarovski cherry pendant we got her!

On sat, after the party, i also decided to take out my Harrod's Piglet to show kendrick how it walks and grunts. BUT IT NO LONGER WORKS! Or is it the battery? I'll find out. So i decided to shortlist some softoys that are eligible to grace Gab's party. Gab, who do u want to meet? I have doraemon and classic pooh tt's not in the pic!



The last 2 photos is the sausage dog Jessica, Christabelle, Laura and Eliza got me! It's so hilarious. His shirt reads, My name is Hot, I'm a Hot Dog. LOL

Sun, 3rd June
Go ikea and buy the Robbin bookshelf and fixing it! :)

Mon, 4th June
Spaghetti lunch, movie afternoon and pizza dinner at kahhua's house.
I have no photos but hope she'll send me soon! :)

Tues, 5th June
JB lunch, movie and dinner! :)

Collage in chronological order...

|Lunch at secret recipe|
The dory was a huge disappointment, but the 5 cakes that yingxian ordered really saved the day. Secret recipe cakes are really awesome. Wish i could bake like that!

I think everyone was very happy cos everything was the same price as in sg but in RM! :) the 5 cakes yingxian order would have cost over $25 in singapore!

|Dunkin' Donuts|


Kenny and i both agreed that donut factory in Sg has better bread. Perhaps we should let the whole of sg decide which is better when they bring dunkin' donuts in!
I love orange chocolate and naturally my fave at donut factory is orange chocolate and i like 'Big Orange' at dunkin donuts!

I still have a vivid mental image of the 6 of us each carrying a box of dunkin' donuts ard the shopping ctr. I'm sure it was quite a sight to the locals! :) haha

After donut trying and buying, we had every intention to check out their K-box equivalent redbox, but there was no free rooms even on a wkday afternoon! Wenhui had a 商机 and that is to bring k-box into JB! :) There seems to be a demand for it :)

Though we didnt get to compare redbox with our k-box, i personally thought it was blessing in disguise cos i watched a very good movie! :) This is the kind of movie i like and with such a perfectionist as i am, i love picking flaws and inconsistencies in movies, i thought the plot was perfect and flawless! Indeed everything was accounted for and every thing was just linked rather gracefully. Awesome.

Watch it if you have the time!
|Great movie at RM 8!|


|Tebrau Market|
Last stop of the day...

Though i am not much of seafood person, but i must say it was quite a sight to see a whole MOUNTAIN of crayfish! I found out today that crayfish is also called slipper lobster and i thought the name's really cute. I've always thought that crayfish looks like a lobster with a flat head cos someone stepped on it. But slipper is qt an accurate depiction too!

Check out how giant the sugar cane juice is (compared with the usual soybean cup we see in our hawker ctr as shown). Unfortunately, i'm not a fan of sugar cane, so i didnt get a thrill of gulping the big cup down! :)

Finally back on Singapore soil after a long day... we took a toilet break at Woodlands checkpt and check out our 收获 of the day! :) Donuts and tropical fruits :)


I shall end my day with one of my fave photos of the day! :)

Friends, Holidays are just so happifying rightt?