Thursday, January 29, 2009

Favourites of Yunnan

I looked through my yunnan photos today and found that i still like some of the photos as much as the day i took them. The last time i posted yunnan pictures, the emphasis was on the trip and the pictures were posted in chronological fashion.

This time i shall post only selected photos :) I hope u find something u like too!

Photobucket
I love the vibrant colours.

Photobucket
My mom likes this photo maybe cos she took it. But i do look qt happy with the corn:)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
In yunnan, i saw a lot of traditional costumes. Because 52 of the 56 tribes of China can be found there! Most of their traditional costumes are rather elaborate, bright and colourful :) I thought this pic has a rather interesting contrast btwn the bright pink and darker background.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love Children! Naturally a large percentage of my favourite photos have them :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In yunnan, the long bus rides meant there were multiple toilet stops. This has become a source of income for some of the locals. Most of the toilets will fall below ur expected hygiene standards, but u're expected to pay nevertheless.

I managed to take some photos of children who collect money from tourists.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Cat in a basket outside the toilet.

More Children
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
A granny walking her dogs. At the background is one of yunnan's most famous mountain 玉龙雪山:)

I was rather fortunate to be able to go to Shangri-la. If u havent already known, shangri-la means 心中的日月. I think the thought of it is qt nice :)

I heard the place is most beautiful when all the flowers bloom and there will be seas of red orange and yellow at different altitude. Sounds awesome!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nothing is more me, than a macro shot. I love the vibrant colours of lantana :) I was fortunate that a bee stayed long enough for me to take this shot.
Photobucket

I dont think i have posted any of my photos in grayscale before :) I shall end with my first 3 of them :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These photos never fail to remind me that traveling with a camera is a perfect combination. I'm really looking forward to the next time i travel! :)