Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

I cant believe that 2008 is gone. Just now when i was in the cab, the taxi driver was telling me "Last year the oil prices were horrendous!"

Goodbye '08
Hello 2009!

My last few hrs of 2008 was spent with some friends over steamboat and xiao long bao buffet. I've been wanting to go for it since marc raved abt how gd it is and how he and 3 other guys could finish 25 longs of xiao long baos. I think today we only had 6 longs? Damn far from their record la!

I am quite happy. I wasnt really in a celebratory mood today but on the train, wenyang had the idea to catch the fireworks. Before we knew it, we were running like crazy trying to find a place in kallang with a good view.

The best view we could get by running from kallang mrt was from the nicole highway

Photobucket

As u can see, there's a hole btwn the ferris wheel and ritz. I was so hoping that the fireworks will be seen right at the gap!

But too bad... most of the fireworks were blocked by suntec and ritz :(
Photobucket

The more unfortunate thing is my camera ran out of batt. Before i left home today, i was thinking that i prob wont need to use my camera with an slr around. So i didnt bother bringing the extra batt. Next time i will just bring!!!

I took about 10 photos before the camera died. Here are the rest in a collage!



Sorry it's a bit small. I was experimenting with the new picasa collage software and the largest size i could upload directly with a click of a button from it is this size! Nevertheless, i like the new improved version that allows more user customization. I shall play with it more after patho :)

Alright, hope u had a good last day of 2008 and HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)