Monday, September 27, 2004

Thinking abt Tmr

You wont believe what i did all day. (Alright, it's almost all day) I attempted to read all my TIME magazines! It's unfortunately out of guilt cos the fact tt i have to pay the expensive subscription fees has come back to haunt me. Haa.. if only this happens more often, then i probably wouldnt have accumulated a pile worth of unwrapped magazines :)
I read abt an interesting new exhibit at London's National Portrait Gallery called David. It's an intimate portrait, which was shot in a single long take. Beckham was filmed sleeping, after training in Madrid. The video of the slumbering football hero played on a plasma screen presents a reverential and vulnerable image of this international football icon. It would be amazing if i could see it for myself! I'm not a fan of Bechkham but what truly amazed me was the profound combination of today's advance technology and Art. Think abt it, the artist has created a portrait by a modern means. I'm sure it's intriguing to see someone so famously handsome fast asleep :)The soft flicker of his eyelashes and little movements then -- nothing happens :)
I really have a great liking for modern art. I truly enjoyed myself when i was at Tate modern :) The pic here shows the first exhibit that left me in awe. Look carefully at the orange-lit circle. It's actually one orange-lit semi-circle made into a circle using a gigantic mirror. I rmbr lying on the floor to see my reflection in the ceiling. It's AMAZING i tell you :) Hmm... sadly, my love for the Arts is probably going to make it hard for me to find travelling companion. I rmbr audry saying, "if we go backpacking together, dont bring me to Art-sy places ok?"
Seeing Jamie Oliver on TV today triggered another brainwave. Being a TV presenter/chef of a gourmet programme seemes like an interesting job! *grin* Haa.. too bad i'm prob not up to it cos i tend to get all nervous and tongue-tied easily :) Hee.. guess the passion to cook is inadequate. I'm still sticking to being like Donna Hay. Ivy loves to cook, Ivy loves to give food a touch of ART..
Now, do i sound like i want to become a doctor? *lol*

No comments: