Sunday, November 06, 2005

pulau ubin

What is that???



|wild oink| This is the wild boar i saw at pulau ubin! How many of us actually get to see one of these running about? As expected, my trip to pulau ubin was yet another hilight of my week and it was really fruitful too! Thanks to Matthew (haha.. must acknowledge) who's the organiser!

Things to do at Ubin:
1. Cycle
You can either bring ur bike over or rent a bike. I'd personally recommend that you rent a bike there 'cos it doesnt cost much and bringing ur own bike would mean u have to pay to get it ferried over to the island and clean / wash it after riding it over mud :) The bikes there are really gd and comfortable too!
Tip: Dont just rent ur bike from the first stall u seen, the rental fees are cheaper as u walk down the row of shows.

2. Visit when it's low tide
There'll be plenty of things to see at chek jawa. We werent lucky enough to be there at the right time to see the sand bank, but we could still watch some tiny crabs and even tried to catch them.

3. Lunch
Try this thing called moonlight horfun. Dont know what it is? It's worth a try!
Tip: We ordered homecooked chrysanthamum to go with our lunch :)

4. Coconut
Didnt try them myself, but when the weather is warm, i'm sure it'll be a refreshing treat.

5. Quarry
Quarry visits are extremely useful when u happen to get urself dirty along the way. There are shrimps to watch and play with too! :)

6. Farm visit!
I especially like this one cos this is where i saw the wild boar! I saw a custard apple tree for the first time too! Ohya, when i was there, there's this bird in a cage with a HUGE pile of poo beneath it. Was quite a funny sight :)

I wasnt on the island for long but i REALLY enjoyed myself. I can forsee myself going back soon, esp to take a look at chek jawa. Anyone wanna come??

Week's coming to an end, part of me really dont want to let it pass cos it's been such a great week. Now that more work's waiting to be done, perhaps i can only have such fun again when my exams are over :(

On a more cheerful note, knowing myself, i'll prob be able to sandwich some fun times btwn work time :) Guess it's not too bad after all!

No comments: