Monday, March 13, 2006

on a happier note

Watching 特写 on Channel 8 made me want to become a teacher. Sometimes i really wonder what it'll be like if i have accepted the teaching scholarship. On one hand, i'm not sure if i will regret cos i'm really happy to be where i am now, especially when i truly enjoy what i'm learning all the time, and on the other, i also see the teacher's responsibility to nurture young souls to be truly noble.
特写 just now was on teachers and prinipal of pathlight school for children with autism. Watching them give them exra attention to help "normalise" these children to encourage them to join the mainstream education schools made me wonder if i could fill their shoes. Teaching those children there requires extra patience and unique teaching styles to engage their attention. The school gave me an excellent impression from their small class size, teaching styles and cirriculum. I can just imagine myself feeling like the mom of the class if i teach there! :) I also thought it was really apt that they incorportated the teaching of daily life skills into cirriculum. Watching them learn how to cook made me miss home economics myself :)

I've been thinking a lot abt relationships lately. Thinking abt such things is a kind of luxury which will only happen again after my finals are over. Been thinking abt friendships too. I'm really happy that in my short-lived break, i contacted a lot of pple and caught up more or less with most of them. Hopefully my effort to send some e cards would make a difference to their day when they receive them too!
Got lotsa plans to send out snail mails, but i'm just not sure if i have the time in btwn my revision. Worse come to worse i'll have to wait till finals are over too.
Meeting Ting and Matt this wkend. A perfect way to start a wk with a perfect ending tt awaits :)