Monday, March 19, 2007

i wish..

I think i was thankful for the absence of ants too soon. While i've only seen an occasional lone ant or two in hall since i last complained abt them and tried to eradicate the colony, there are now ants at home!
I can't believe the ants at home are more blatant than those in King Edward Hall. Those in my room cross my desk, over books and files in a single file fearlessly like some major exodus. ARGH. What i hate most is how they love to find gaps in between my old furniture and call them home.
It doesnt help when i hate the smell of insecticide (and i certainly do not want my room to smell of it) and each time i try to eradicate them carefully, the few that survive will find another gap to start a new colony.
Believe it or not, i think there are more than 1 species at home. From my observations, the ants i see in the kitchen and my room crawl at different speed and differ slightly in size!

WHY AM I WASTING TIME KILLING ANTS?

I paused for a while and thought abt a million other things i'd rather be doing.
Especially now that facebook updates me about my friends, i'm unbelivably envious of those who get to travel so often.

I want to travel around the world and see the world!

I paused for another while and thought about the places i'd love to go. Today, there's a new destination added to the list. I was suddenly reminded of the unique architecture of chicago and now i want to see them!

If only i had the time, the money and skills, i'd design my own house.
Honestly, i feel that that's too big and greedy a wish.

So, maybe i should dream abt designing my own room and my KITCHEN when i have the money.

In summary, Ivy wishes for a holiday, an opportunity to design her own functional kitchen and room today and of course, ALL THE ANTS TO DISAPPEAR.