Friday, August 17, 2007

1x Good One

I still rmbr that "One times good one" was a commonly used phrase during my europe trip :) It meant the best meal we would have at each destination!

Yesterday i also had my own "One times good one" but this time i used it to mean a big baking project to satisfy my itch to bake tt will stop me from wanting to bake for a very long time. It was like killing 2 birds with one stone. Cos (1) I baked and i made myself v happy (2) The cookies i baked were given to my tutors on our last day which also made their day :)

Seriously, now that Medicine posting is going to start, i dont think i get to bake any time soon!

Anyway, pictures of my little project :)










Today was our last day at CGH, so we ate a better lunch at eblackboard! Gab misses his creme brulee which is sold out again!

I really like my seafood marinara which was what Gab had last time round :) Next time i'm going to try their vegetarian steak which sounds interesting :)

I think some time ago, i said i had plenty of things to blog about. They were mainly about CGH! So what better time to blog abt them than now right? I'm half dreading Med posting actually cos it sounds so draining, yet i'm looking forward to make a comparison with surgery to find out if i'm more of a med or surgery person...

Anyway, on a whole, i quite like CGH. Nothing is perfect i guess.. like how CGH is displacement-wise near my house, but i dont have straight bus and the train is 4 bus stops away. So i have taken 45 mins to go home when i took 2 buses... tt's how long i take to go home from rj by train ok! *&^%$#@!
CGH has nice patients, tutors and the best of it all is student welfare! I like how the hopsital treat us medical students like their own staff. We're given access card to everywhere and also free season parking! Nice medical student lounge with computers, lockers, fridge and water dispenser :)

My 2 CG mates concentrating on the computer screen. Guess what they're doing?


Gab and wenhui! i realise we didnt take a cg photo at CGH!

At CGH, Gab, wenhui and i spend most of our time with Sterling and Jason!

Sterling is addicted to coke.


Jason whom i have nv spoken to before Surgery posting has the ability to sleep while standing! We just found out today that he would rather die than to drink milk even if that's the only thing found on a deserted island he is stuck in.

Last but not least, something i will miss abt CGH! The robots that deliver food! :)

The metal box is the food and the robot (called VGA) is the flat thing u see below.
On one night call, we saw 2 VGA talking to one another.
Because one VGA is either switched off or dead, the other in the opposite direction was telling it to stand clear. I cant rmbr in exact words, but sth like "Please stand aside. You're in my way!" Quite cute :)
Another interesting thing is tt these robots get plusher lifts than us humans. Not sure if other CGs noticed but their lifts which are only for their exclusive use are green and blue on the inside! :)

Ok.. i'm qt tired.. dont have the energy to pen down all the other interesting things tt has has happened in CGH. Maybe next time!