Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Food Post

I'm actually quite tired.. but i thought i should end this very perfect day by checking another thing off my to-do list!

I've been wanting to post abt some of the food i've had before the list gets longer or i will (1)forget abt them and (2)have a tremendous inertia to overcome to write abt them :)

From at least 3 wks ago... Wenhui and i had dessert at this Jap restaurant at Bugis called 味亭.

Wenhui's dessert was hot and cold at the same spoonful which made it very interesting. My greentea ice with red bean was not too bad too! The whole time i was eating it, i was thinking tt kendrick will be very happy to eat it, cos he loves red bean so much tt he can eat it everyday :)

::The blackboard::

This place was recommended by Wenhui's friend. They serve very gd food at very reasonable prices cos they're located in a neighbourhood coffeeshop!
Gab really like their Creme brulee. It was quite a big bowl for just $3! Y'know... he liked it so much tt he kept staring at the photo he took of it during lecture :)
Check out their website here!

Beach Rd Prawn Noodles

I was actually disappointed with this one... expensive($5) and nothing special!
Perhaps i have to try their Jumbo prawn noodles to understand why pple flock here, return repeatedly and give it two thumbs up! But it'll cost $10!

Starbucks Goodies

I must thank meichin for this wonderful Cranberry and almond biscotti. I actually intended to take a bite only when i was waiting for my bus home, but i finished it before i got home:) haha.. Gab, if u read this, u might want to try the biscottis at starbucks! You may be interested in Cranberry and Almond or Almond and Orange peel biscottis!
Anyway, i dropped by starbucks today and i realised how much i've been missing out on the change in the range of pastries they serve. I'm not sure if it was just that particular starbucks brunch though.. everything they serve there looked humungous! Almond crossiant, muffins etc :)

Sweet Treats

I'm not a dessert person actually, but i can menotti almost any time! Pastries at 50% off after 10 pm is shiok! Surprisingly, a lot of pple forget to look at their menu at the expresso section. I really like their Italian expresso with mint gelato! Most people like their Tiramisu. If u havent tried, u should soon! :)
Anyway, i thought their main course looks rather yummy. I think i will try them some day :)

Have u been to Clarke Quay since they renovated the place? It's very happening now with the new hangouts for those who like to stay out late. I'm sure everyone has heard of The Clinic. A number of my friends are quite excited abt going there, but usually med students are less amused. Y'know, when u order ur drink, i think it comes in a drip, exactly like those u see hanging beside patient's bed being infused into their veins. I like their design of an underutilised space designed to be a mortuary though! (stimes i think i'm really a sadist, i will elaborate later!) Anyway, top left photo of one of the dessert places u can find at Clarke Quay called Nectarie which i think Gab may like too!

Bottom right: GOBI dessert! I've been wanting to see the exact specimen of what they sell, but their shop is at Katong Mall which is quite out of the way. I was quite happy to peek into their Central branch today! They sell exquisitely designed mini desserts which i think i may find it be too pretty to be gobbled. They call it "Happiness in a Box"! Check out their website here too!

Waruku Pasta

Kendrick and i walked past this place today and immediately we made a mental note to try the food here someday! They sell pasta, jap-style and we spotted a few pasta dishes with an egg placed prominently in the centre.. very much like the way i love my egg pizzas in naples. I MUST TRY!

Whoa.. I'm really tired.. but a note on today.. Today's a great day cos i caught 2 movies! Disturbia and The Secret were both very good shows :) I think this is the second time i watched 2 movies in a day. The first time was with Jaymie when our second movie was Autumn in New York.. I cant rmbr the first movie though :)
Anyway, when i watched Disturbia with my CG mates, there were only 4 of us in the entire theatre! Cool man! The guys were saying i was rather calm thru out the show and i wasnt freaked at all! Y'know, i really enjoy the suspense of such shows to the extent tt i like saw1,2,3 for example. Perhaps i'm a sadist inside.. or perhaps shows with suspense always have the element of gore, death, blood and brutal slaughter.. I guess most importantly, there must be a good plot!

Good Movie+Good food+Good company= Good Day!

Now Good night!