Thursday, August 23, 2007

Something Priceless

Medicine posting is indeed xiong. So many things waiting to be understood, committed to memory and retained! I so hope tt i can survive this ordeal.

I have this analogy tt completing medicine is like climbing a mountain. Right now i'm still at the foot of the mountain and looking at the peak IS very daunting!

Though this is only the first wk, most pple are telling me how shag they are already.
So what will my next 7 wks be like?

Today was a gd day... i fed a patient who could not eat on his own. I was overwhelmed by a sense of 'nobleness' (sorry i cant think of the right word) cos i was able to help someone in a very practical way!

Sometimes i really feel very inadequate. My knowledge is so cui, technique so cui, memory also so cui... i feel terrible la. So i'm glad i was reminded tt once someone said my personality is suitable for becoming a nurse. I feel that the profession is very noble. It takes a real passion to do it well and many have done so and have touched countless hearts and lives.

On an abrupt note, i just want to end with...
Happiness is priceless and so is the ability to make someone else happy effortlessly

(being able to learn and practice medicine well is also priceless)