Friday, July 23, 2004

notoriously the one

Hey, i've been thinking about my gp essay which i'm supposed to write in class tmr. It's quite interesting 'cos this is the first time i'm writing something so close to my heart. " The only child in the family is a lucky child." I was tempted to take the easy way out by disagreeing 'cos it is simplier to focus on how only children(hmm.. i couldn't figure out the plural for only child. "Children" sounds so funny beside only)are usually lonely and are more likely to develope antisocial behaviours. Don't laugh ok? But cos popular thinking often paints an unflattering picture of only children, portraying them as self-centered, attention-seeking, dependent, and temperamental, I felt this sense of indignation to correct that stereotype! I agreed with the statement :) It's quite upsetting that i had to use "freedom from siblings rivalry and comparison" as one of my points, cos i know there's actually an element of fun involved. Don't you agree? Guess that's a question which i will never find the real ans to :)

No comments: