Thursday, December 15, 2005

plenty plenty to say

Hm.. i've got so much i want to post abt, but i've been home pretty late these days tt i really cannot find the energy to upload pics and update my page :) Shall aim to summarise my week in this post :)

|FRS Part II|

I'm quite glad that FRS is finally over. In comparison, our groups research topic was less scientific, but how much time did we devout into this project really? Everyone wanted just to get over with it. Perhaps the project itself was less interesting but i had quite a bit of fun with part of my Anat group.
Notice tt there's a guy in the picture grid. Tt's weiyan and he willingly agreed to be the guy to be filmed. I really like his shirt and tie. It was quite a contrast to his usual shirt, berms and sandals. Come to think of it, sonner or later, all the guys will be seen like this when we hit the hospitals :)
The girls in the top left hand corner: Natasha and monmon

|Earth from the Air|

|In London|I think aerial photography is really cool. I first saw Yann Arthus-Bertrand's exhibition in London and i was overjoyed to hear tt it'll be in Singapore. It's now in orchard and it stretches from outside wheelock place all the way to forum. This is an exhbition not to be missed!! The exhibition has expanded since i last saw it in London and with the caption that comes with every photograph, you'll learn not only about what you see but also also stimes the culture and history of the site of photograph. Interesting.
I'm definitely going back. Kendrick, we go together? :)


|One of my Favourite| Though not all the photos i rmbr from London could be found in this collection, they didnt leave out my favourite!! This exhibition is abt photography, nature, geography, beauty and so much more.. dont forget to catch it!!

|TCC, always my fave!|

Eversince i tried TCC, i'm convinced tt it's the coffee chain i like the most. It used to be coffee bean, whose ice blended mocha brought Jaymie and me together, then was starbuck's vanilla latte and now it's the sheer variety tt TCC has to offer that has made me deem it the best :)
Look at the pics. U'd realise that the drinks are also a treat for the eyes. I love tall glasses that allow u to peek at the different layers of the drink, sth coffee bean and starbucks dont offer. Way to go TCC!! :) Looking fwd to try more things on their menu.

|Ubin Again|

Ubin is very fun!!! I've been blessed once again with gd weather. Unfortunately i could feel that i couldnt cycle as fast or overcome slopes as well compared to my last visit with matt, qiantai and yiuming. Must be my bout of bad throat and perpetual coughing. Another unfortunate thing is i FELL AGAIN!! Quite untimely i must say esp when i have to attend a formal event next monday in gown. Hope no one will notice the scratches.
Unfortunate things aside, i actually think my fall was rather hilarious. Cos i fell when i gave way to a monitor lizard which was probably sun bathing. I couldnt break in time, surved to the left and still rode over its tail -ouch- Hope the poor lizard still has its tail in tact. Felt really sorry abt it, but i've real tried my best. imagine i didnt even bother to avoid it. -OPPS-


Ubin was extra familiar this time round cos i managed to take the same cycling track to find the way to the farm. I saw the same uncle who kept a wild boar. The wild boar looks as sleepy and hungry. What new at the little hut was uncle's grandson. He's a little spoilt. He screamed and pouted for his grandpa's attention. Here he is :) Notice that he had a 3 day old guinea pig in his hands. I was so afraid that he will drop it or squeeze it too hard. Hope that piglet is fine and is 10 days old. Looking at the happily squeeking guinea pigs and piglets reminded me of my own piglets. I miss them dearly and i hope they know that they've not been forgotten. I was just watching the video i filmed of one of them before it died of old age and i was overwhelmed by how lives of our pets are always transient. As deep the impression my dearest piglets have left behind, i really wished they rmbr my family as well. The good times we had together just cannot be forgotten :)
Guinea pigs aside, uncle also kept many other pets. Birds, bunnies, terrapins, dogs are just to name a few. Hope i get to visit this family again soon :) Anyone wanna come?
Ohyes another thing, the little boy i met has never been to main island. Uncle told me he'll be starting kindergarten next yr. Wonder how he'll cope. Reminds me of how i used to tell the security guard at my prev work place that i lived in Ubin and hence not very convenient to visit me. Hahaha.. Will this little boy have to travel to mainland everyday? I also noticed that he was running all over the place without shoes. Pple from main island like us are always geared with proper footwear.. i guess that's a contrast between us and the villagers. I suppose this little boy has never played computer or a gameboy?

|Wining Experience|

i didnt realise the 3 of us were the only locals in KE 7 tabletennis until this week. Wenjun, baiwei and myself's been having lotsa fun. Going for training now is really less of a trouble now that we take turns to take the car. With the car come more convenience to stop by somewhere for supper too. I'm real glad to get to know the 2 of them better. Hope we'll have more adventures together :)
Thanks to wenjun, the burger, who brought us to try some wine. i REALLY love wine with cheese :) Looking forward to our next adventure!!