Thursday, February 01, 2007

Aging 50 years

When i was at borders ystdy, i suddenly realised that i couldn't reach for a book on the top shelf and when i was ready to leave, i had a painful attempt trying to lift my bag from the ground. Y'know at first i thought the aches and pain was due to lugging my heavy bag and laptop around the whole afternoon, cos coincidentally, wanzhen commented that my bag was heavy the day before! The aches and pain got worse even after i did some stretches (in pain) at some corner of borders and in addition my head became pulsatingly painful! Then i thought perhaps i was hypoglycemic or dehydrated. Since i didnt have a proper lunch, i tried my best to force sth down my throat. It just got worse after tt and knew i cannot survive the long MRT & bus trip home, so i took a taxi.
Upon reaching home, i realise that i couldnt even lie flat in bed and the pain was worst from my spine to the effect that i suspected i had a slipped disc or sth. After much rolling in pain, i suddenly decided to take my temp. HOLY! It was 38.6! I took temp hourly and my temp peaked 39.4 at 9pm.
My muscles and joints were so painful that i took 15 mins to walk to my GP's clinic which i usually take less than 5. Haa.. when he saw me, he joked that i've suddenly aged 50 years!
It was a painful examination cos i had trouble lying flat. I told him that my psoas muscles are the most painful. Indeed, each time he gentle pulpated my back, i would wince. Because of the location of my greatest pain, my doc had to rule out UTI. Urine test came back negative and he told me to show him my arms.
I supposed he wanted to look for petechial rash, cos he asked me jokingly to name the symptoms of dengue! Sudden onset of mucle/joint pain and headache, periorbital pain and rash.
Since i do not have last 2 symptoms, i was sent home with medicine for pain and fever and was told to chart my temp. Should i still be feverish on sat, i will have to do a blood test.
I'm just hoping to get well asap. Thankfully my doc's medicine worked wonders and my temp has been dropping. Yay :)
But i'm still having those aches, looks like i' going to have another unproductive weekend. booo :(