Saturday, February 17, 2007

tiramisu day


Y'know, all these while since i last posted, i've been thinking about my first cookbook and dreaming of starting a mini baking sch. Since i'll be so busy, perhaps my plans to compile the cookbook will only materialise after i retire.. and that's so loooong from now! Been thinking about the "baking/cooking sch" idea and i thought that need not wait till retirement. I can always start small and have a couple of friends over to learn some of the things i enjoy making.

Tuesday was a good example. We made tiramisu! I started my prep to teach them way ahead by illegally squatting in borders to flip thru the italian cookbooks to find the most authentic and at the same time easy-to-make recipe. It's so funny, cos i sprung up so quickly when the security guard told me not to sit on the floor that i got myself a carpet burn beside my ankle in the process.

More pictures...

Notice there's a smaller and heart-shaped tiramisu! That's kenny's vday effort for his very lucky sweetheart :) Looks pretty right?

I kopped the next few photos from gabriel's page (hope u dont mind!) I thought the photos were very well taken. Not sure why i wasnt in much of photo-taking mood tt day.


Step 1: Friends learn how to separate eggs


My new electric whisk. I still prefer my philips whisk, but i guess it had overworked :(


Beating of egg white. This is why i prefer my philips. The container was transparent and i didnt have to stop the whisk unnecessarily to see if it's done cos i can see right through from metres away while doing sth else.


I thought them what is meant by "folding in" which is commonly mentioned in recipes.
Very important step!


Topping the marscapone cheese on top of the coffee&liquer-soaked lady finger
(hey eurotrip pple, we ate this in italy rmbr? I think ningqi likes it)

Anyway, besides tiramisu, we tried making so truffles and moulding chocolates too:)


I cant rmbr who made this truffle, but note more of the truffles in the background.

I just hope tt after tuesday, my friend went home knowing tt baking and choc making isnt as daunting or difficult after all :)

ALSO, i hope kenny's sweetheart liked the tiramisu :)

Oh, on that note, thank you kendrick for the pretty flowers and choc :)

Tulips really make my day. Stimes i wish i can grow them on my balcony!