Saturday, February 24, 2007

SHARP EL-546L

My beloved SHARP EL-546L calculator has officially died. I think it's been with me since Sec 1 and that's 8 yrs?
No wonder i have trouble moving on even to it's successor SHARP EL-546VA.
Surprisingly SHARP EL-546VA has fewer functions and with some of the buttons re-positioned, i inevitably have to pause and look for the buttons!
Honestly, it can be quite irritating and time-wasting.
But i better get used to my new calculator than never.
I was curious and i went to the sharp website to take a look at the new calculator models. It seems like the whole world has moved on and like qiantai says, 我们都老了. What happened to the WHOLE SHARP EL-546 series?
My SHARP EL-546VA is not exactly new either (even after all these yrs with it sitting in my drawer, i still prefer my old SHARP EL-546L and i nv got used to EL-546VA and that's how much i love my SHARP EL-546L!!!). It's just a spare calculator cos my 546L has died before.
Sigh.. imagine SHARP EL-546VA dying after i get used to it.
Fortunately, i wont need the calculator as much as an engineer!