Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ambidextrous


Learning how to tie surgical knots today reminded me again that i'm born left-handed. It's quite interesting cos i only discovered that i've been using my fork and spoon wrong way around when i had my first English formal dinner at cambridge. I still rmbr being confused when i saw the cutlery nicely displayed on the wrong side of the plate in my opinion. HAHA.. I took 17 years to discover that!

Anyway, my parents trained me to write with my right hand cos they felt that the world was made for right handers. True i must say... i heard the scissors is quite uncomfortable to use for left handed pple! BUT i wished my parents made sure that i retained my ability to write with my left hand! How cool would it be if i could write with both hands and i can change hand when one hand gets tired when i'm halfway thru an essay!

Sigh.. honestly, now that i'm a convert, i think my brain circuitry is a bit confused. I had this natural inclination to tie my knots today with my left hand and some time ago when i got to sew up a hernia, i had to pause to think of which is the hand should i use to hold the thread and the needle! Gosh.

To medical students, if i'm borned a left hander but i've been writing with my right hand most of my life, does it mean tt i prob still have 2 Broca's and Wernicke speech area?

On an excited note before i end, my phone is coming TOMORROW! I really cant wait! But i find it a bit anti-climax that i have to charge my phone overnight... ...

Oh, i must share this interesting Treo-related incident today :) I was having trouble with my nokia phone contacting wenhui and sam when i looked up and saw a taxi with a treo advert on it. It was sooo funny and made me smile too. It was like god telling me,"It's ok, dont get angry with your nokia, Treo will be arriving tmr!"