Saturday, May 05, 2007

Ambivalence?

I couldnt think of a better word to describe what i felt last night and this morning, yet it is not quite accurate still cos i actually felt more than 2 emotions and they are not exactly opposite. haha..

Moving for B302 to D302...
(1) I spent my last night at B302 ystdy which has been my room at KE VII Hall for whole 2 years! You can imagine how sad i was, to think that i like my room so much that i worked so hard in year one to earn sufficient points to secure the room for another year!
(2) Despite being mentally prepared that moving will be damn troublesome and super tiring, i still felt very frustrated this morning when i shifted my things to my new room. This is what i did...

I have the right to complain, don't i?

Here are some pictures :)

|B302 by Night|


|B302 by Day!|


|B302 EMPTY!!|


|Looking ard B302 for the last time|

B302 is really convinient cos it's not too far from the dinning hall, squash courts, NUH and bus stop. I usually walk to sch, but if you look at the map, if i were to walk to NUH, i would have to overcome ten thousand flights of staircase.

|D302 EMPTY this Morning!|


|After 4 hours|

People like my mom didnt understand why i took so long to move my stuff. I shall explain...
I had to
(1) Clean the new room
(2) Pack my things in my old room
(3) Move things one by one from B block to D block which are separated by almost endless flight of staircases. You can imagine... down 3 levels of B block... walk thru C Block and then up 3 levels of D Block.
Yes, KE has no lift. I'm already thankful that the admin didnt give me a room at the 8th floor -PHEW-

|Compare and Contrast|

If you have been observant enough, the orientation of my new room is the exact mirror image of B302. I hope i can get used to it :)

The rooms offer different views too! Now people from pgp can see me!

Compared to B302,
Apart from the fact that it is relatively far from NUH in terms of effort to climb all the stairs, if u look at the map again, D block is right next to the road!

I think only gab can sympathise with me cos we're both light sleepers. Y'know when i was living in B302, the noise of the first Bus at 7.15 was sufficient to wake me up. I cant imagine how much louder it'll be now i'm so much closer to the road. Guess i'll find out on monday.
It's not only buses. I'm sure i'd be woken by all sorts of vehicles at night. I've been woken up by rain every night for the past wk. I really dont want to be deprived of sleep anymore!:(

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

To end my post on a happy note, i finally got to try donuts from donut factory!
It's fluffier than the usual donuts and they offer very fancy flavours!
I give it 8/10. They are worth queuing 1+hrs but certainly not 5!