Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Photo Updates

So much has happened since the start of family med posting that i do not know where to start. Fortunately there're plenty of photos to substitute words!


My fam med posting started with 2 weeks at a gp clinic. Compared to my friends, my gp was more enthusiastic. When the whole world ended spend 4 to 6 hours at their clinics, wenhui and i spend 8.30am to 7.00pm at the clinic every weekday OK! With more time spent sitting in the clinic, we naturally spent less time studying for pharmacology test. Hai.. and the test was damn hard! I just pray tt i can pass.

Anyway in the collage, i arrived very early on the first day and i had breakfast at the market nearby. I like this fishball kway teow soup and i always rmbr it for the mini fishballs. I took the photo with my fingers on the ball for comparision. On day one, there was also a random cart of pineapples in the middle of the market place!


Some shots around the neighbourhood which wenhui thinks it's like a kampong in the morning :)


There are some animals i see everyday. I'm especially fond of this dog which has very short legs :) So cute right?


I ended my posting at the gp clinic on a happy note cos i bought 2 pots of flowers from the flowershop right next to the clinic. One pot of pink gerberas and one pot of 绣球花 (wikipaedia says it's called Hydrangea in Eng).

Most of my friends know that i get quite easily distracted when i study, cos i have a short attention span. A thought occurred to me this time while i was studying for Pharmacology and tt pink might be my secret favourite colour. It's not hard to guess why i thought so! Look at the pic.. any idea what's my actual favourite colour? :)

Because i have short attention span, i often find myself doing random things when i try to study. Just like how i started to take photos of my very pink room, i took out my yoga mat on one occasion to do some yoga! Opps.. and i realise my mat is pink too! :)




One of my favourite flowers deserves a paragraph of its own. Dont u think the way these flowers gather in a cluster like a ball is very cute? My favourite colour is the purplish-blue but the pot i own now is... PINK. I waited for 2 whole weeks for a chance that the shop will bring in the purplish-blue ones. But since they didnt i rather go home with the pink ones than none :) Aren't they pretty? I will take photos of my hydrangea when the cluster of flowers turn pink. It's currently greenish-white with a tinge of pink :)


Random photo collage.
(1) Isnt this car plate number cool? SBASH!
(2) Very chinese signboard of the GP clinic run by an ACS boy
(3) My new hobby! Rubik's cubing! :)
(4) A trapped gingerbread man at coffeebean

I've been playing my cube when i'm bored on my train or bus journey home. It's exceptionally fulfilling tt i'm figuring things out on my own when everyone learns the steps by rote :) My classmate's dad took 2 years to figure out the cube.. now tt i know how to solve 2 layers, i hope i wont take 1 year and 11 mths to figure out the 3rd!


This week is week 3 of Family medicine posting. 2 days of palliative medicine is pretty interesting. Day one of palliative medicine concluded with a nice stopby at donut factory! I still think they make the best donuts in singapore, i ought to try krispy creme one day to compare! So wenhui, how do u rate donut factory?



Last but not least, the STAR photo of this entry.
Omeprazole to my rescue!
I was having the worst tummyache of my life when i recieved this pleasant surprise via my fax machine! It's such a brilliant thought to think wenhui just wanted to test out his fax machine. It really put a smile of my face :) :)


I had the worst tummyache of my life ystdy. If someone tells u that he's having a worst headache of his life, it's a red flag but what about tummyache?
I rated the pain to be 8/10. It was 6 or 7 after dinner but when it was 8 i could barely walk properly! I had to press against my eigastrium. I'm so thankful that it's over and i hope it was nothing serious too!
The thing about having any physical discomfort when u're a medical student is u'll try to put a diagnosis to the cause of it. This is what my friends say..

Weiyan: Aiya.. girls mostly is menstrual cramp lor
Weixiang: (I was lying very still in bed) Why very still? Movement aggreavtes the pain? Sounds like peritonitis

Before bedtime, the pain actually radiated to the back. So i really thought it felt like pancreatitis! Gosh.. It's so funny cos ystdy i tried pressing on my mcburney's point to make sure tt there's no tenderness cos i wanted to exclude a appendicitis cos afterall the pain was only slightly above the umbilicus. I also listened for bowel sounds with my sthethoscope and it was hyperactive.

I'm glad that my pain score is zero now.. although i'm glad tt the pain has left me, i'm still rather curious about what caused the pain. Any expert opinion? :)