Saturday, January 14, 2006

Changi Airport

It's been a while since i took a flight from Changi Airport Terminal 2. I was there just a while ago and its transformation left me in total awe!! Gosh, as i headed to the viewing gallery hoping to watch some planes, i realised we can now see the restricted part of the airport where passengers await to depart. The architecture is AMAZING I tell you! Though i was there at night, i can imagine how the place will be bathed with lots of natural light in the day. I love buildings with lots of glass. Dont you think that glass give this transparency that's practical and also exude the class and elegance? Here's a pic i found off the net. Hmm.. Sometimes admiring architectural designs inevitably remind me of my cousin back in hall. I can just imagine the day i can point proudly at a building and tell my friends,"i know the guy who design this great building." Anyway, it's not just the glass that i like, i think the facilities the airport provides are excellent! Can you believe it? They even have Osim isqueeze for the passengers!!
Being at the airport made me want to put down everything and fly somewhere. If only i had the money and time to just pack away and leave the country :)
Haa.. obviously, i dont have both the money and time, so i made do with a drive along the tree-lined stretched behind the airport. Watching the planes take off and hearing their loud roar just now made me super exhilarated!!
What a perfect way to end my first saturday of the term :)