Monday, June 30, 2008

Limbs

Today was a super long day...

My OT session lasted from 8.30 am to 6.00 pm and my legs almost broke from standing, my stomach almost perfortated from hunger. Fortunately, i got time to go to the toilet, so my bladder didnt burst :)

Although i didnt learn much academically, the experience was worth it. I finally understood why xiaoxuan said she felt high from watching Ortho surgeries. I saw 3 knee procedures today, total knee replacement, normal ACL repair, revision of ACL knee using patellar tendon which was unusual. Watching the total knee replacement reminded me of carpentry cos there were a lot of drilling, hammering and sawing going on.

When my day ended, i went down to nuh lobby and i felt that i could eat the whole kopitiam. But i didnt have time, cos i had to rush to give tuition! So i just grabbed 2 Mr Bean pancakes.

It was a bad idea to drive at 6 plus cos traffic was very bad and it was jam jam jam everywhere! With slow traffic, i had time to think and i had an interesting thought...

If u had to drive and eat, which hand would u use to hold ur food and steering wheel? I asked my student and she said she'd use her right hand to hold steering wheel and left hand to hold her food. Is that what most people would do? Cos i would steer with left hand. While i think it makes sense cos i need to control the gears with my left hand, my student thinks that precising cos the left hand needs to control the gears, she would hold her food on the left hand and then put the food down when she needs to change gear.

Interesting right? What abt u?

I just finished dinner while typing this post. I think i will sleep right after i bathe.

I'm so tired..

Good night!