Monday, August 09, 2004

a purpose driven life

a friend of mine recommended the book "The purpose driven life" and just when i was going to get my hands on a copy, a church elder said he'll get each of us one :) Hmm.. can't wait to read it, since everyone's thumbs up for tt book.
A purposed driven life.. guess there's a purpose to our existence. I've always believed that there's some sorta role i'm supposed to fufil here. Once asked abt it, i said my life's motto is to let those who get to know me leave gaining a new knowledge. I really like the whole philosphy of teaching. If you want to ask why i'm not considering teaching as a career, you'd be the 10 thousandth (ok.. i'm exaggerating) person. Sure, i do have the interest, but if given a chance, i'll actually choose to teach in a kindergarten. I feel tt there's this need for kids to first love to learn before being taught to learn. It upsets me when i see my little cousins being introduced to rote learning :( But why not a teacher? I guess i still can teach without being in a school, but i can't do medicine (or any related discipline) without being trained to be one. I'll leave you with a quote:

"Our God works to transform us
Till life on earth is done
He uses trials and testings
To make us like His Son"

No comments: