Friday, September 28, 2007

Overdued Photos

I realised i have lots of overdued photos...

Since i have quite a bit of recent photos to upload anyway, might as well collage everything and post everything at one shot!

Shall start froM the most recent :)


Packing of goodie bags for Public Health Screening'07! I was actually damn tired after night call but maybe i wanted to give my boss face, so i went down anyway!
Just look at the sheer number of things we had to pack and the mess we created outside LT 26! Goodness!


My tuition kid's twin sisters! Aren't they cute? Hmm.. Stimes i really envy nobelle for her lack-of-anxiety-ness... though her attitude stimes make me panic even more! Y'know she doesnt keep her exam time table and she only finds out what the next paper is one day before!



One of the days i was early.. i decided to find out what the old and mysterious buildings near the carpark are. They probably belong to the old TTSH as evidence by the last 2 photos!


Some random pictures we took at TTSH during the earlier part of the posting. The guys in my CG were all listening to their hearts cos we realised tt in surgery.. our stethoscopes were really under-utilised!
Second last pic: There're dumplings at TTSH!


Random pictures:
(1) Moon Pies aunt vivian bought for my family! An interesting western twist to mooncakes! Maybe i'll buy them next yr for my CG mates.
(2) Lerk Thai Chicken Noodles... not bad tasting but it gave me a "MSG syndrome" attack. My heart rate was 132 beats/min, i had neck numbness and breathing difficulties! It was awful having to drive in that state and my poor friends were so worried! It certainly didnt help tt it was a long ride to our patient's house at woodlands too!
(3) My Mom's Hamster's bathtub... My mom really dotes on her animals... we dont even have bathtubs but her hamsters do! Gosh.. and she got such a cute one somemore! :)



Very outdated CGH photos!
Can't believe tt i'm at the end of week 6 of Medicine posting. I still feel so inadequate, so chui, so unsure of so many things -sigh-
CGH seems so long ago... but i do miss some parts of my surgery posting like proper medical student lounge, some nice tutors, uro posting etc :)
Picture 1: I took a pic of my access card on the last day! At CGH every student gets to access every corner of the hospital like it's own staff! :)

Picture 2: Cheap and gd chicken rice at a stone throw distance away! I'm sure my friends miss it! :)

Last 4 Pictures: I take Bus #5 to Nobelle's house to give her tuition. One fine Friday, i boarded a very interesting bus #5 with modified seats for advertising purposes! I was quite happy tt i could have a table to rest my book while i read :)

Actually i wanted to post something quick and then either go to bed or read sth useful.. but because my brain is functioning at such a horrendously slow speed, i took longer than expected.

This post's title was supposed to be "Ambivalent again" But i thought it's a tad too serious for a slow brain to expound on. Hmm.. but indeed, I've been unsure of how i should feel abt a lot of things...
One example is doing night call. Most pple thing it's a waste of time and it is seriously not worth it to be dead tired and non-functional the day after.. but there are really parts of it i really like. Last night, i had to take blood from an old lady. She told me that she's been poked many times and her veins are known to be very challenging. It wasnt difficult to guess also cos she had plaster and bruises all over her arms! I took a very very very long time to find the best vein cos i was determined not to poke her more than once. I kept talking to the grandma to keep her mind off the needle and the best part of it was not only did i find out a lot about her, she didnt even know i have taken a good blood sample :)

All the late nights are sure to make me age faster.. i shall decide on another day if i like night calls or not :)