Monday, September 03, 2007

Transition


I like this picture so much! It's been a while since i last saw a caterpillar i must say. I used to adopt them ( i saved them from my grandma who'd kill them all for destroying her plants) and waited for them to morph into butterfiles!
It's such an interesting process tt it's one of those things rmbr best abt my childhood.

Hahaha... come to think of it i kept a lot of things. I kept snails too which anyone who has studied microB will know that it's quite a health hazard. I also kept beetles, crabs and seahorses to list the more exotic ones! I eventually stopped after i learnt how cruel it is to deprive these animals of their freedom.

Anyway, on transitions... Just like how i'm amazed by how caterpillars can turn into butterflies, tadpoles to frogs and ugly ducklings to swans, i'm amazed by how our brains learn! I was just telling nobelle how learning a piano piece can be exciting when u suddenly start to play sth right. The transition from dont know to know after a correct neurone connection is formed is wonderful!

Nobelle can play Croatian rhapsody already and has moved on to exodus. I'm still taking baby steps each day to learn and practise Croatian Rhapsody. Though still a long way to go, i'm still looking forward to playing the entire piece soon! :)