Saturday, November 08, 2008

Night Call @ SGH

I guess today can be considered another happy day for my O&G posting cos night call was a lot more fruitful than the previous and i saw 2.5 deliveries! The 0.5 is cos when i was helping with the episiotomy repair of the 2nd, the grand multipara woman next door who just walked in popped the baby out only after 2 contractions! The nurses were just doing their prep and the HO was amused that he hasnt seen/clerk the patient yet!

Childbirth certainly looks painful. Especially for the 3rd woman who walked in and delivered without any analgesia. Though her pain was shortlived during labour, there was also the pain from the tear repair to endure.

Anyway, i'm really happy this time cos at least there is no qa in the morn, no ethics test in the afternoon, no playhouse rehearsal and not hospital visit in the evening after call! I swear this shall be the last time i harp abt it. I'm so damn glad i survived it.

Hmm.. i'm really happier this week:):)

Oh, another happy thing abt Nightcall at SGH is the awesome call room with attached bathroom!

Photobucket

I'm obviously happy! Guess how i took these photos? Using my beloved eeepc of cos!

Photobucket

This bed is super comfortable! i've slept less than 3 hrs but i feel refreshed enough to drive home even :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I tried to be hardworking too!

I should catch some sleep before i head home...
Hope there'll be a peaceful weekend ahead:) Ystdy my friends all left hospital before lunch and poor me and wenhui were stuck in the OT till late w/o lunch and dinner :(

Photobucket

Hope today will be a Happy day, Happy weekend for everyone!