Saturday, March 08, 2008

At Aunt's Place

I wish i can upload the photos i took of my aunt's place but i didnt bring my camera cable! -sigh- This place is awesome because the guestroom i'm sleeping tonight and typing this entry faces the pool :) It feels like a resort!

Anyway, today was an interesting day cos this is the first time i'm spending a whole day with someone pregnant. Some of my friends found it funny when i said my aunt's 'very pregnant' but to justify the term, some people actually think my aunt is expecting twins! I guess my aunt's tummy appear bigger cos (1) She and her husband are both very tall, hence she's probably having a 'tall' baby (2) She's tall to begin with and so the whole package also appears bigger.

At baby fair today, i learnt that it can be very expensive to raise a child. I happen to chance upon a stroller that cost $989. In my astonishment, my aunt said there are people who buy prams that are over $1000! 我的天啊!

She spent quite a bit in just a day!

I also learnt today that pregnant women are perpetually hungry. I cant rmbr how many meals we had! Lunch was at Imperial treasures, popiah and mee rebus at simlim square, tea at IMM, 2 serving of fruits each pre-dinner and fish porridge for dinner/supper. I'm not even pregnant and i am following a pregnant diet.. 我的天啊!

Fortunately, we went for a swim at night. It was damn shiok la! Cos when i looked up the sky was clear and i could see a lot of stars. The pool was also much cleaner and there was a warm jacuzzi! wx and wenyang, it is comparable to the national library osim leh :) haha
I only swam for as long as my aunt got her exercise, i think i will swim again tmr! She told me that the water is a blessing cos it helps her with the weight of her tummy. It makes me wonder how heavy it feels like to be pregnant.

I just realised that i forgot to list corn soup in the above list.. I didnt know corn+carrots+wolfberry cooked in stock my aunt made herself can taste so good. Yum! I should try to cook it myself one day :)

Hmm.. i can only think of a minor imperfection of my day and it is the terrible internet connection! I cant msn properly :( Maybe i should go build my simcity till i'm tired enough for bed :)

Will post again soon! I'm so sad tt hols are ending.. It feels like it just started :(