Friday, January 25, 2008

Ikea Again

Before you conclude that i'm a boring person who keeps going to ikea, i must stress that most of my visits to ikea are purposeful :) Amazingly, there's always pleasant surprises to make me leave ikea feeling happier.

Today was no exception, cos i came home with lots of pretty plants. I'm not sure if i have told anyone explicitly that i like growing my own plants. I used to spend a lot of time in my granny's garden collecting seeds and growing them. I tried growing literally every kind of seed including apples, pears and oranges. Obviously they didnt grow! I had a lot of fun and i found a lot of catarpillars which i kept till they become butterflies too! I still rmbr how my granny didnt appreciate my nursery of seedlings though, cos she says marcotting or grafting is faster :)

Anyway, back to Ikea.. here are some photos!


More Hyacinth that smells very sweet. :)



Pretty rose, dont u think? My mom would have hugged this pot home if not for the full bloom. It doesnt make sense to have flowers in full bloom now and flowerless when CNY comes! Anyway, i just like the excitement of watching flower bloom :)


The pussy willow in a pot which my mom bought home :)










The most happifying thing is i bought myself a pot of tulips. I had a hard time picking the best pot, cos first i had to choose colour, then i had to choose the healthiest looking pot. I can imagine tt i like pink tulips (haha.. my secret fave colour thing again) but the red tulip bulbs look healthier.. so i ended up buying red tulip bulbs. Also, i decided to choose this pot with flower buds forming already. Then i'm more assured tt the tulips will bloom :):)





I'm so excited! I hope they will turn out to be very pretty :):)

Today was an interesting day cos my mom and i went to shop for baby clothing. My aunt's expecting a baby girl in May! :)

It was quite interesting to fiddle thru a pile of shirts tt look so minute and so cute. I think i will be more excited when i shop for my own children next time. haha



Butterfly print! :)

Cute flower embroidery :)

These clothing are so pink, so girl.. it's always the case right... but if u look closely i picked a green shirt too :)