Friday, January 25, 2008

IKEA anytime



Last week before Kendrick left, we made an impromptu decision to go to ikea. I think it was largely cos i wanted to see the hyacinth gab saw at Ikea and featured them on his blog :)

Spontaneity aside which i always like, i actually like ikea so much that i can go there anytime. My friends used to call it my second home! :)

Ikea gives me so many reasons to like it. Besides the homely feel, they always have incredible solutions and ideas for the home and i like the food they serve at the cafe and also like their hot dog bread.




I also like Ikea for the pretty pictures i get to see at the posters and portraits section. I wish i have a wall/house big enough for all of them, like a mini art gallery :)

Some photos i like are...





Not forgetting the gardening section. I always like the flowers they have for sale, but it's so unfortunate that my balcony isnt big enough for everything i like. So i havent bought anything, just in case i cant stop once i start. haha :)

I'm happy with my hydrangea and gerbera daisy for now!





I agree with gab, they are super sweet smelling!



I like this photo i took which i played with the aperture function of my camera. I was a tad confused about the difference btwn aperture function and macro function producing the same blurring effect. I was enlightened tt i may be able to achieve the same effect with both for a close object, but for people and things far away, i have to use aperture priority.. correct or not friend? :)


Some random blinds used for decoration :)


Anyone knows the name of this fern? I loved it when i was a baby, so did my guinea pig and he ate them up whenever he could. haha


Pussy willow which is a must-have for many families! As u can see, ikea is quite packed with new year goodies. If u want a change for this yr's new year shopping, why not consider ikea?

I'm labelled to like supermarkets alot. Afterall, i visited almost all the supermarkets that were printed on the visitors map in Rome! :) I always think u can tell alot about a place just by going to the supermarkets. It's probably sth not everyone can appreciate :)

Some finds at the swedish groccery shop...

This reminds me of our europe trip when we bought a box of milka hot chocolate to treat ourselves. At the end of the day, it couldnt match up with our MILO! I still rmbr tt wenyang said in Assisi,"不可以,不可以...这个喝了肯定热死。”Cos hot chocolate has a taste too close to melted chocolate. Milo somehow is more acceptable :) I'm not really a milo fan, but i get what they mean :)

Vodkas of Sweden :)




My trip to IKEA is always fruitful in a different way. I was just thinking the other day tt i'd love to visit the IKEA in Sweden some day.

Till then, i shall think about my next ikea hotdog bread :) Yum.