Saturday, January 26, 2008

Pre-departure Days

I'm suppose to start dating katzung and cofm soon, which most of the world has started.. but i've got so many backdated posts! If i ignore it for now, i'd probably not get down to post it in future.. so i must perservere and finish them all :)

Sometimes i'm like that.. i prefer to complete sth before getting on with life :)

More photos of Lucky! [Sorry if some photos are pixellated... i tried my best :(]

One of my fave close up shots :)





Dont u think this has pussy in boots effect? :)


|Me trying to get lucky to look up to the camera| I really quite like dogs.. but i dont think i have time for such a committment.. I'm happy with my flowers for now :) Taking care of flowers is more work than u think, sometimes! :)


Before Kendrick left for Denmark, we went to Sentosa! Mainly cos i mentioned that i wanted to go to butterfly park.


It was good opportunity for him to learn how to put Fujifilm f40 to good use!


I must say he takes pretty good shots considering he was used to point and shoot only :) Photos of non-standard sizes are taken using his camera :)

(I'm so thankful for my resize function on my F50. It would have been crazy if i have to resize ALL my photos before i blog)


Life cyle of a butterfly. I have seen it for real, have u? :)


Photos of some butterflies i like :)

I like butterflies with shiny blue wings :)













I think i like butterflies with a shimmer or those with transparent wings the most :)
One of them is called crystal butterfly. How apt :)

I thought this exhibit is really interesting...

Spot the man face on the man face beetle!

Some might find the following 2 pictures gross...



They are real pupae :) They definitely dont look as pretty as the next photo!


So green... :)
The process of metamorphosis always amazes me. I wonder how it all happens!

Butterflies outdoors :)
It wasnt easy to capture them cos they're always moving. On many occasions, these butterflies will stop at a flower miles away. Those are the times when wx's camera with 18x zoom will come in handy.

Butterflies were all once ugly and hairy...


When catarpillars grow up... People look at them differently :)












This is the green butterfly that kept us running abt and waiting for it to stop. It was so restless that this was the best shot kendrick took :)

The butterflies rest at these colourful target-like dishes.. I'm so thankful for these dishes.. or it'll take alot of luck to get such close-up shots :)









I love these shots i managed to take of this small butterfly that remained very still for a very long time :)





What is a butterfly park if there were no flowers! There were plenty around to keep the butterflies busy.






According to wiki,"Lantana's aromatic flower clusters (called umbels) are a mix of red, orange, yellow, or blue and white florets. Other colors exist as new varieties are being selected. The flowers typically change color as they mature, resulting in inflorescences that are two- or three-colored."

I think the part where their florets change colour as they mature is cool :)

Later the day, we dropped by the beach before we headed home :) As it was quite a scorching day, we stopped for ice-cream! I'm glad i chose orange chocolate. It was the best flavour! Passion fruit sorbet was a tad too sweet despite the sour punch.




Kendrick looking happy with his butterscotch and tiramisu ice-cream :)

The Beach





Kendrick on duty.


Some random bridge...





Taking Jump Photos!



I have too! :)

Unfortunately i couldnt jump too high cos i was wearing a skirt :) It wasnt easy to jump on sand too.

As the sun began to set, it was time to go home :)

Kendrick busy checking his photos.



-End of Sentosa Day-