Monday, January 28, 2008

Watching Tulips Bloom



I feel like a parent after bringing some tulip bulbs home from Ikea. I have to check that the soil is always wet, the leaves gets ample sunlight and also monitor the growth the tulips!

Before i left home for school today, i had to re-position the pot cos the afternoon sun might be too strong for my plants when i'm out and i treated them to ice cubes to keep them cool in the tropical climate here. This morning routine reminds me of how busy Wenhui is with his dog actually:)

I like how i would give my tulips a last sniff before i step out of house and think of them all day while i'm out and look forward to going home! These tulips never fail to amaze me at the rate they're growing!

Just like today, i left home with only 1 tulip in full bloom. I came home to 4 :) They really made my day :):)

It's so exciting waiting for flowers to bloom. After the formation of the flower bud, the bud will start to get a tinge of pink. As the pink progressively darkens, the petals start to peel open. It's so pretty and amazing!


Just home from Ikea.


Buds forming!


One flower bud turning pink


One tulip in full bloom :)


More flower buds turning pink :)


Important to keep the soil moist :)


Tulip basking in sunlight in bliss





My pretty tulips looking tall.




I love my tulips, u prob can tell!


A hug for my tulips in my favourite purple pot :)


What would i do when the petals start to fall?


It's ok i guess. I'll always rmbr how happy they made me :)