Saturday, July 26, 2008

Baking Started

Photobucket

I'm so happy today cos i actually overcame the inertia to bake again.
It was such a horrible inertia to overcome cos i had to
1) Pick a few recipes
2) Stock take
3) Stock up
4) Bake
5) Clean up

i was stuck long enough in (1) cos everything looked interesting and worthy of my first try! And it doesnt help that i have quite a few new additions to my baking book collection recently.

I very much wanted to try baking muffins, but i was afraid my oven just isnt up to it! i will be damn demoralised if they dont turn out right in the last step.

Then was the stock take. Gosh, i really havent baked for a gazillion years cos a gazillion things were expired! A lot are going to expire in aug.. i wonder if i will have a sudden surge in desire to bake in the wks to come!

Stocking up was fun cos it meant a visit to my g'old fave Phoon Huat. When i looked around, i was in awe cos they now carry quite a lot of new things!

Just like the star sprinklers i thought were apt on the chocolate bars that i made for my mother's sunday school students :)

Photobucket

I really love it!

Photobucket

... And i hope the kids will too! :)

Photobucket

Now i wonder when i will itch to bake again :)