Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday Blues (Not)

The only thing i was not so happy about today is having to start my day super early for the ward round. But on second thoughts, i better get used to it now, since it's going to be the case for a long time to come :)

Anyways, i sometimes lament about early days in hospitals cos i'm a morning person. Meaning i'm most fruitful and i should spend these precious hours doing something i really need my brain for, like reading my textbook. So you can imagine, if i dont get to read in the morning, i most likely dont get much done at the end of the day cos in the evening i'm always so tired. Hai.. sometimes i really wish i'm more disciplined and dont have such excuses :)

Today is a pretty good day cos i managed to find time to drop by queensway to find a pair of shoes to replace my nike shoes when the glue-stuck sole finally falls out. Friends who know me will know that i dont really like shopping for a specific item and prefer to buy things i like at first sight. Nevertheless, I thought today was a rare opportunity to get the shoes since i do not know when i'll be free next or get posted to AH again. It was a little discouraging at first cos i realise that most shoes now are white-base, when i have a preference for dark-coloured-base shoes cos they remain pristine looking for a longer time :) To make things worse, it wasnt nice shopping with my stupid heavy bag!

Since most shoes were largely white, i thought i might as well try asics which is also white-based too. Thankfully the uncle quoted me a pretty ok price and I settled with my first pair of asics :) yay.. Hopefully i will have many enjoyable times running in them to come!

Next happy thing was getting the coloured QA book for my student at bras brasah. It was totally unplanned cos the idea only came when my bus 33 happen to pass by bras brasah:) Thankfully they had it or i'd have made a wasted trip! I'm really hoping that my student will find this book useful, since it's coloured, it will prob help her rmbr the colours of the reagents which she has difficulty rmbring all the time :):) I was so sad last wk when i couldnt find it and realised that i must have given it away! Thankfully she now has a copy :)

Next good thing is i bought myself a new umbrella! I was real upset that i left my favourite brolly in the cab i took in Lijiang. I saw the same umbrella at bugis and it cos $44! I was tempted to get it, but what if i lose it again? Thankfully there were some brollies on sale and i bought one at $13 which was quite a steal :)

Lastly, today is pay day! If not for the recent costly lesson i was taught, perhaps today wont have as much significance :)

Bad things happen for a good reason.. right?

My student is back and i shall start tuition now :) Hope everyone's monday went ok!