Monday, August 04, 2008

GIAN

Remember the post which i asked myself what i would buy if i have a $1000?

I think the list needs some updates! In green...

I think i might....

1. Find a replacement for my cranky cd player (perhaps i should get a mp3 player tt can be charged and play with speakers or join the ipod club? Burning new cds with new connoction of songs just seems too environmentally unfriendly stimes. My current 5 year old mp player cant be connected to AC and i cant use it to play music in my room:(!

I'm still searching for the ideal thing to fit what i'm looking for. So far only ipod nano + a speaker with a ipod dock comes closest! But it totally doesnt make sense for me to buy an ipod for non-portable use. :(
Photobucket
Photobucket

Looks cool and could be use as a running companion actually..

2. I've been toying with the idea of getting a laser printer for some time. Because my brother inkjet printer ink consumption is crazy and it is super fussy. This printer refuses to print if ONE of the four colours is "depleted", can u imagine if u havent stocked up on ink and u run out of ONE colour at night? The ink catridges always still has ink when they've been declared empty too :( Laser printer should be faster and more fuss-free! I wonder if $1000 can get a me a duplex laser printer. I would be so happy not having to flip my papers for printing double-sided.

To be honest, i havent thought of a printer replacement since i started to use fineprint :)

3. I might get a new phone. Treo is an awesome phone, but i'm not very lucky with it. I think getting a faulty replacement unit is the ultimate joke. hai

You prob can guess... HTC Touch Pro is the perfect phone for now :)

Photobucket

4. I might get a good bag, something that will last and designed for comfortable carrying. I've been getting shoulder ache far too often despite starting to carry my textbk in my hands and not in my bag. I think i should enroll myself to back sch like a/prof chia. This is occupational hazzard isnt it?

Havent seen any bag i really like yet. But i like the bag i bought to use in Yunnan.. Gab thinks it looks like a camera bag though :) haha
Unfortunately, it's too small for A4-size stuff :(




5. $1000 should be sufficient for a short holiday to somewhere near

No recent holiday ideas.. i wonder if $1000 is sufficient for my India elective.. hahaha

6. Get a mini LCD tv for my room cos my TV broke down?

yayyyy... I have a new LCD TV in my room already!

7. Custom make a shelf for my room with an odd measurement of remaining floor space?

I think abt this on and off, cos storage space is best created when personalised :)

8. Treat for the Parents :) Holiday? Renovate their room??

Havent thought of a good short holiday place for parents yet.. any suggestions???

9. Memory pillow! I was surprised by how well i slept at my aunt's place and i suspect it is the memory pillow tt didnt leave me with a neck ache :) As sleep is becoming priceless, we should make the best of what little we get right?

I laughed when i got reminded that my friends think i would bring a memory pillow to a deserted island if i could only choose to bring one item. Hmm... I havent been actively thinking about it, but it should be a worthwhile investment. Besides, sleeping is one activity we spend the most of our lives doing.


10. Asus Eee PC an ultra-compact notebook with a 7-inch screen that weighs 2.03 pounds. It's attractive to me cos of it's size, weight and affordability. Of course, if i think rationally, the hard disk space and ram is limited. Anyway, good things usually doesnt come complete without a good price. I read from cnet that new ultramobile CPUs are coming soon.. so hopefully there will be many more laptops like these!

Photobucket

Eee PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm actually damn gian cos it is on sale at NUS. The spec is better than the one shown in the pic above... How how how?
While taking bus to give tuition today, i thought how useful Eee PC would be on the bus. I could write my write up, watch some show or even read my recipes :) If i should give myself ONE more reason to buy it, i could use it to play my music too :)
That will solve item #1 on my wishlist. hahaha


Photobucket

11. KITCHEN AID!!! I dont think i need to explain why, but maybe i will get one in green.

I will never stop to dream abt this until i get it

When will i ever fulfil everything on this list? :)