Sunday, August 24, 2008

Where Happiness Lies

I hope my friend doesnt mind me sharing the excerpt he found some meaning in :) cos i felt something when i read it on his blog too.

Life lessons need not be learnt through biography, self-help books or famous literary work. It can also be found in a children's book...

Every day is not always one of elation and joy...but a gift within which
happiness can be a goal:

"There are some days when I'm very happy...
and there are some days when I'm a little bit sad.
But now, on those days when I'm a little bit sad..
I try and find my way back to being happy...
"

from That's When I'm Happy - Beth Shoshan and Jacqueline

I think i will look for the book next time i am in borders or kinokuniya. The excerpt has made me curious enough about the book :)

For too many times, i realise that more and more of my friends are finding happiness unachievable. Personally, i miss the feeling of waking up and knowing for sure that i am in for a happy day. Some how i lost that joy of looking forward to watch how each pleasant day unfolds. Why? Is it age catching up on us?

Happiness does lie in each one of us. I am a happy person to some pple and i have been asked before (i think in sec sch) how i can be happy everyday. I knew then that whether i am happy or not is a choice. Somehow i forgot it along the way.. now i'm allowing external circumstance affect how i feel so easily.

I think i have changed. I no longer decide to be happy, but i'm more passive and just hope that something can make a difference to the day. Recently, it's been simple things like
(1) Learning something new / academically fruitful days
(2) Having fulfilling conversations
(3) Self-declared early days
(4) Nice food like home made tiramisu
(5) Napping on a rainy sunday afternoon

Hope everyone will find some way to feel happy. We all deserve to be happy :)

Lastly,i thought i should share another gem from the children's department.
Photobucket

Thanks to kendrick, i have my own copy!

So next time when u visit a bookshop, dont completely ignore the children's dept just because u think u're too old for the books there.

We should remind ourselves to stay young at heart :)

Have a good week ahead everybody!