Monday, August 25, 2008

Old Songs Re-loved

I got home earlier than expected and instead of succumbing to the temptation of sleeping cos of the fantabulous weather.. i decided to go for a short run. At this point of time when my fitness is all time low compared to the hall days when i train + run at least 3 times a wk, the treat to my ears provided by my trusty Creative MuVo is the more enjoyable part of my run :)

Songs i fell in love with again are
1. Raindrops keep falling on my head
2. When i look to the sky
3. Light in your eyes
4. When it's over

Those of you who havent heard of (2) u can either watch the mtv below or listen to it on my playlist on the left :)

I like combining 2 things i love, just like chocolate + mint or listening to music while i run. While my feet concentrate on running/walking, my ears listened to the lyrics carefully.

Yang and i had a recent facebook wall conversation that running blind (ie without specs) takes running to a different level. I think music have a similar effect too. I enjoy the run more and interestingly, i enjoy the music on a different level too.

Have u felt that the same song can impart different feelings on different occasions?
Amongst the songs i loved all over again, i felt a lot for When I look to the Sky by Train.

Read the words in bold. I felt that that's what love should be like :)



When it rains it pours and opens doors
And floods the floors we thought would always keep us safe and dry
And in the midst of sailing ships we sink our lips into the ones we love
That have to say goodbye

And as I float along this ocean
I can feel you like a notion that won't seem to let me go

Cause when I look to the sky something tells me you're here with me
And you make everything alright
And when I feel like I'm lost something tells me you're here with me
And I can always find my way when you are here


And every word I didn't say that caught up in some busy day
And every dance on the kitchen floor we didn't have before
And every sunset that we'll miss I'll wrap them all up in a kiss
And pick you up in all of this when I sail away

And as I float along this ocean
I can feel you like a notion that I hope will never leave

Whether I am up or down or in or out or just plane overhead
Instead it just feels like it is impossible to fly
But with you I can spread my wings
to see me over everything that life may send me
When I am hoping it won't pass me by

And when I feel like there is no one that will ever know me
there you are to show me


Cause when I look to the sky something tells me you're here with me
And you make everything alright
And when I feel like I'm lost something tells me you're here with me
And I can always find my way when you are here


On a totally different note, i thought i should post something about my big bruise so i will rmbr my bad fall.
Haha.. i regretted not taking daily pics of it so i can see how hemolysis changes the colour of my blue black :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My bruise is yellow now. I believe it should be gone within a day or two :)
Ohya, i should 还文阳清白. To those i told a lie today... No, wenyang did not cause the bruise. I fell on my own :)

Enjoy the new songs i've added and have a great week ahead everybodyy!