Tuesday, September 09, 2008

ENT problems

My nose bled on the very same day i told wenhui that i havent had epitaxis for the longest time i could remember. Did it happen just because i'm doing my ENT posting?

My nose use to bleed very frequently in the past and it would soak countless tissues till my dustbin overflows. I rmbr i couldnt go to sch when i was kindergarten once cos my nose just couldnt stop bleeding, my parents brought me to A&E once cos i was bleeding non-stop like a waterfall. It makes me wonder what is the cause really.. Is it caused by poor platelet count?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyway, i've just started to use these 2 things. Today when i just use the paraffin wax on one side, the other side bled. When i stopped the bleeding on that side, the other side started to bleed! Why on earth am i having bilateral epitaxis???

Cotton Tips by the way are very bad for digging ears. If have been doing so and havent had any probs. It's wise that u stop! Cotton tips actually impact ur ear wax more than cleaning the ear canal. And i'm very sure u dont want ur doctor to remove a huge impacted chunk of ur ear wax with fungi growing on it!

ANYWAY, if u're a fan of earphone/headphones, i hope u can reconsider it after reading abt how much harm it can cause u!

Last wk, i had a hearing test done at TTSH. The result (esp at high frequency) was pretty awesome!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can hear 8KHz below 0 dB. BTW, 0 dB doesnt mean no sound! So i was told that prebycusis for me will probably start later.

GUESS what happened after using my earphones for 1+ hr at my grandma's house when i tried to distract myself from the hokkien show she was watching.

My earphones were the softest possible sound on my Treo, but admittedly it was still a little loud for my liking. But no choice la..

Photobucket

I now have early sign of Noise-induced hearing loss :( The audiometrist recommended that i get my hearing tested again after 2 wks and hopefully the dip of my hearing threshold will be like my previous report!

Today my cg mates joked that i'd be very gd at picking up ESM but damn lousy at picking up MDM. Since my lower frequency hearing is poorer, please forgive me if i cannot hear u. Maybe u're voice pitch is lower than my optimal hearing range :)

Please take care of ur ear, nose and throat people!