Sunday, September 28, 2008

F1 Hype

So many people are tuning in to the Grand prix this very moment and i have my tv on while i am typing this too!

To be honest, i'm not terribly interested, but i do think abt the driving conditions and the immense pressure the drivers undergo in that tight space and crazy speed :)

Guess i'm not that guy to really enjoy the car racing. In fact, i spent the evening helping my mom with her first pasta carbonara. haha.. quite homely -lol-

Photobucket

My mom's recipe called for white wine. And we wonderfully didnt have an opener. Thankfully i thought of using my swiss army all purpose thing my dad gave me!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

On the whole, the pasta is not bad! Although it doesnt look very covered in cream, the fusilli has taken up quite a bit of the cream. Unfortunately, i'm not too big a fan of cream based pasta or i would have loved this recipe a lot more.

Hopefully i will have more opportunity to experiment in the kitchen in future :)