Sunday, April 13, 2008

1st Week

I must say my first week of Paeds went by rather quickly... Perhaps it's partly cos we organised dinner for an exchange student 2 nights in a row.. and by the time i got home, i'd hit straight to bed right aft a shower :)

I'm glad that Abu the exchange student really like local food. C'mon everything is so cheap for him! :) Imagine being able to divide everything by three! He told us he might plan a short holiday to Bangkok before he returns to UK. Can u imagine how cheap things will be for him???

Day One - Banana leaf at Little India
Photobucket

Photobucket

Abu made us eat with our hands.. To be fair, Sheryl actually tried to make him eat the fish eye of the curry fish head :) But he didnt of cos.. it's qt an awful thing to most people, including me!

On an interesting note, do u know Chinese has the highest incident of fishbone stuck in throat. Any ideas why?

...
...
...

Cos we dont eat with our hands which will help us 'feel' for and sieve out the fishbones :)

Actually our dear Prof Henry Tan who was once my Anatomy tutor taught us more cools stuff. He said that it is more dangerous to have a new battery stuffed up the nostrils cos the saline environment actually completes the electrical circuit!

Photobucket
Us at Krithika's restaurant. It was so coincidental that i was trying to contact her to no avail and Gab spotted her in her red Honda Jazz at the traffic junction!

Abu treated us to Kulfi and some Indian desserts cos we treated him to dinner :)

Photobucket
Kulfi (Indian Ice cream)

Photobucket
Indian desserts that are too sweet for my liking! But Gab likes them :)

Day 2 - Chilli Crab at Forture Seafood
I didnt take photos of the food cos the food prob felt flattered enough tt 3 other cameras were aleady snapping away. So i took a picture of the mantou which was least popular with the photographers!

Photobucket
I prefer plain steamed mantou to those deep fried ones :)

----------

Lovely Saturday
I started my day earlier than expected and i found myself at borders at 9+am. Since the start of paeds and my Aunt's pregnancy, i'm getting more acquainted with kiddy things and looking at the great variety of things.. i'm also convinced that the kids industry is rather lucrative. As a parent, i'm sure u want the best for ur child right?

The mistake i made today was forgetting to bring my umbrella and i was stranded at paragon for really long. But i got to try canale which the whole world has been talking abt :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I'd say Canale is insanely famous for their macaroons. But they're too sweet for my liking. I totally heart their rose tea though.. They're really generous with their rose buds :)

I should try their cakes some day! They look pretty don't they?

So what did i buy today?
Despite the desruptive rain, i think i found enough things today for me to call it fruitful :)
Photobucket
I couldnt find a bk i like enough and i thought flash cards are qt good idea cos they occupy less space too :) A is for apple and i like the green apple a lot :)
I bought a eeyore cos Marc says using my bday present in the prev pic is very bad idea cos children tend to send toys into their mouths and i wont want a slimey bear :)

I think the buy of the day has to be this mini tote bag.. the strap for carrying is longer than my current crabby bag which i cant sling over my shoulder :)

Photobucket
This is my KKH locker with my Crabby bag hung in it. I love the size of the locker!
This is only the top compartment!

Photobucket
This is the bottom compartment where i keep my stash of raisins! Since i'm not a fan of sweet things u may ask what the raisins are for :)

Interestingly, it is used to test for pincer grip of children and it's a test of fine motor skills :) Quite cute right?

I'm short of one more thing i can think of for my paeds kit which is a toy car.. Does anyone want to donate? I saw so many toy cars at toysrus and i really dont know which one will really appeal to kids.

Y'know.. i realised what we like might not be what kids like too :) If only i have a nephew or niece i can bring to a toy shop to make sure i pick the most popular one :) haha...

Alright.. have a restful wkend everybody!