Sunday, April 20, 2008

Schokolade

I'm now having an incapacitating headache despite having a gcs 3 afternoon in hope to sleep it away. I think it's migraine since it is characteristically throbbing, but this headache i am having is not one-sided. According to my sunflower paeds textbk, symptoms of tension-type and migraine headache often overlap cos they're part of the same pathophysiological continuum. Whatever type it is, i hope it'll subside soon!

I suspect that i've been holding up a subclinical infection for some time. Am i afebrile cos i've been taking paracetamol? It just feel a little neither here nor there sometimes and i am so tempted to give up the fight to fall sick once and for all :)

Anyway, i've decided to type this post cos i realised despite the name of this blog, i have not dedicated a post solely to chocolate :)

Y'know, i know of people who say they're 'allergic' to chocolate. They tell me that they get a bad headache when they take chocolate. Dont u think it's super unfortunate? Anyway, i dont have much of a liking for sweet things, but CHOCOLATE is one big exception :) If i could bring things to heaven by burying it with me in my coffin, chocolate's definitely on the list:)

Anyway, what chocolates do i like?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ritter Sport
My recent favorites are these!
I almost always have a stash cos my mom likes it too. I will ration it and eat 1 mini-square a day if i can resist the temptation.
Amongst the so many flavours, i like strawberry joghurt, plain joghurt, butter biscuit, cornflakes, hazelnut the most. I havent tried all of them though :)

Photobucket

I rmbr Wiener Nougat fondly as 'the chocolate with the dancing couple' cos the first time i ate it was when i was very very small! I'm not sure how many of u realised that every first of the month, SCDF will play this siren at 12 pm sharp. My dad was in the team to study the system in europe and he spent his remaining pocket money ALL on chocolate :) Can u imagine how wonderful it was when he opened his luggageful of chocolates filled to the brim :):)

Wiener Nougat is definitely one of my all time favourite. Unfortunately, they're hard to come by :( I've only eaten it 3 times in my lifetime.

Photobucket

Produced by the same chocolate factory Fazer is this geisha chocolate Photobucket Kendrick sent me. It has made it to my list of favourites :) The name is quite odd.. why geisha? But i love the hazelnut filling :) Yum

Now that i mentioned Hazelnut. Hazelnut's my favourite nut. On ryantouragency's Europe trip, Nutella was our staple! :)
Photobucket
If u havent realised, it's not just a chocolate spread, it's a hazelnut spread too :)

Ferror Rocher Who doesnt love Ferror rocher? I especially heart the whole hazel nut swimming in the hazelnut filling i the centre :)
Photobucket
It's interesting how a few imitations can be found in the supermarket and if u try them, they're not even close to the real ones! :)
I love Ferror Rocher :)

Actually i first got acquainted to ritter sport in Germany when i went there for exchange. They had lots of funky flavours i never saw in sg. It is also in Germany that i found out abt milka! Milka chocolates are not bad too, but some are too sweet for me. So i usually stick to the usual, nougat, hazelnut and i also like their strawberry yoghurt and biscuit.
Photobucket

I think i brought a lot home both when i was in sec 3 and in M1 europe trip. When i was in sec 3, German mark was still in use and each block of chocolate only cost S$0.80!!!! How not to bring a lot back? :)

Before i returned home from my german exchange programme, my host's grandparents gave me this
Photobucket
Chocolates cannot go wrong with hazelnuts, but if u read the box, there is caramel. This is stimes too sweet and sticky for me, depending on mood :) But it's not too bad.

Toblerone
Photobucket
I like toblerone for it's smoothness and perhaps the nougat too.
If u realise, hazelnut and nougat seems to be a recurring theme :) I think i like these 2 combination with chocolate the most :)

Photobucket

|Lindt| I'm actually a nut person. I like hazelnut, almond, brazil nut, cashew and macademia! I like this lindt chocolate for the almond suspended in almond filling :)

There are definitely a lot more chocolate i've tried and like a lot which i cannot rmbr to feature here. At least i should have convinced u that i really like chocolate!

Y'know i love chocolate so much that i did it for my german project tt's equivalent to a fyp project. I guess it is a little bit more interesting to talk abt than tourism, politics and history. Unfortunately, i hope it's not too kiddy! But if u think abt it, chocolate has tourism, politics and history!!!



Alright... i shall end with this pic i found on flickr.
Photobucket
So green!

Apparently it's m&m with mint. I hope to see it soon in Singapore! :)