Saturday, October 04, 2008

Occult (un)Happiness

Ystdy a friend's friend who i met for a mere few seconds actually thought i looked sad and asked if my spirits were low. Perhaps i havent been truly happy for an extended period of time, but i wasnt expecting it to be visible.

I think i understand it perfectly how difficult it is for people to be truly happy, all the time but i wonder why i still have the stupid expectation. Fortunately, i am able to cheer myself up rather quickly, and put whatever that has disappointed me behind. And thankfully, my baseline is still happy.

Ystdy kendrick brought me to this place called Ministry of Food at Marina Square. From the name, perhaps it's hard to guess that they serve jap food :)

Photobucket

I like their tea pot!
Photobucket

I had omelette soba
Photobucket
Photobucket

And kendrick ordered a seafood toji set
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

For dessert, we had their signature Jap sweet potato served with soft serve ice cream with red bean paste.
Photobucket

Kendrick likes the sweet potatoe, though a tad too sweet for me
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I've been thinking, as much as i like to discuss my thoughts with people, perhaps i do 想太多 at times and i should be grateful for those who dismiss me this way when they see that all the thinking is doing me no good.

Perhaps it is cos i have too much time at hands lately and i have been taking things for granted. Come o&g, perhaps i'd be a happier person, making the best of every slack i have.

Then again, i might not even have any time to slack.

This ambivalence is confusing me.. i shall to occupy myself with other things for now..