Friday, October 17, 2008

Singapore Biennale

Going to Sg Biennale is one of the happiest thing i've done this hols. I got reminded of my solo visit to Tate Modern in London which i'm dead sure i want to return :)

If u dont rmbr abt my post abt how amazed i was with the Art at Tate Modern, this is one of my favourite exhibita there!



Imagine the ceiling to be a HUGE mirror.. The sun u see is actually a semicircle made full by the mirror. The huge mirror also means u can see ur reflection when u look up and there were many visitors creating interesting formations while lying on the floor :)

My friends and i went first to the old cityhall. We arrived a little early so we spent some time taking photos of the building!

Photobucket Photobucket

I didnt quite like the scorching sun so i took these pics in the shade of the building only :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

-Kids Biennale-
Photobucket
I wasnt tall enough to take a proper pic of this drawing. This kid will be very gd friends with me cos he/she obviously loves green! :):)

Photobucket
I like the little gingerbread man on the wall.

Photobucket
Zhenzhen says she looks like she just fell in this pic. hahaha
Looks like she fell happily?? Anyway, i think it's quite 难得 to find someone who likes photos to be taken of. I personally like taking photos of others more than being in photos myself :)

Photobucket
Do you think this is a nurse or a doctor?

Photobucket
Zhenzhen took this photo of me without notice. she used manual mode which my white balance was set as 'shade', hence the yellow hue :)

This is better! Photo courtesy of wx, I think i was holding up leonardo!
Photobucket

I like the art on the wall...
Photobucket
Photobucket

I'd be so damn happy if my playroom was like tt when i was small. Unfortunately parents usually assume our favourite colours to be pink for girls and blue for boys..
Photobucket Photobucket

I had a mini obsession with this grinleaf... haha
Photobucket

-Binnale Proper-
Photobucket
Maggots galoreee!

I love this google earth exhibit. They give u post its to stick a msg on it!
Photobucket Photobucket

I found my house!!! But it was covered by a passing cloud :(
Photobucket

It was really funny how some pple made the effort to stick the locations of ERPs too! lol

Blue and green.. perfect combination to make me love it :)
Photobucket
Personally, i didnt like video exhibits as much.

Photobucket
I thought gab might like this exhibit some how :) i dont know whyyy..

Photobucket
THREE projections in a row.. another perfect combi to make me love it too! I love the use of reflections :)

Photobucket Photobucket
Two portraits that left me an impression

YAYY! Presenting my FAVOURITE exhibit :)
Photobucket Photobucket

This exhibit has to be the biggest pull factor for me to visit biennale cos i've seen pics of them. How cool is it to have a stretch of small plants planted close together like this?
Photobucket

Photobucket

That was all i knew when i saw some pics online... but i was so surprised when i walked to somewhere mid of its length and looked back...

The plants are 2 dimentional right.. so i saw how they formed straight lines...
Photobucket

And when i looked back at the plants i have walked past, they're coloured on the opposite side!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

How not to be amazed?

Actually if u ask me, the following exhibit actually come close in its amaze factor
Photobucket

Unfortunately, the artist is so damn gd tt even cameras get tricked! This car is actually concave inwards.. but it looks like it is convexing outwards right?

As u walk past the exhibit, the car will seem to turn towards u.. I only took 1 picture cos i didnt do justice to it :)

This is interesting!
Photobucket

I like this exhibit too!
Photobucket

Photobucket

The teratoma!!
Photobucket
It looks interesting how the new supreme court looks like a spaceship for the aliens

Macro shot of one of the exhibits made with endless tubes of paint :)
Photobucket

I saw this glass design during lunch and thought the spotlight looks like a sun for the tree! :)
Photobucket

After lunch, we walked to the South Beach Development, where it was super hot!

The Dancer
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I wonder how the artists managed to paint this so accurately allowing it to look like one continuous design.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The swing which made of fluorescent light!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Some graphic designs
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Weixiang testing his brain activity
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

On a whole, i had a very good day :) Visit it while u have time! The exhbitione ends 16 Nov.